According to the Oxford dictionary, “Purpose” is defined as:
- “The reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists
- a person’s sense of resolve or determination.”
- eCommerce sites aim to promote and sell products. These sites need to be well optimised to facilitate a high purchase rate. They need to be secure and very easy to use. Assisting customers in making the purchase as well as use the latest online upselling techniques. Selecting and checking-out your purchase need to be easy and quick. Payment options need to be mobile-friendly.
- Service-based companies need to present their company as a professional, dependable, trustworthy and experienced service provider. Clients usually visit service companies websites to determine their experience, reputation, and how long they have been in business. Good quality content will demonstrate your knowledge, experience, testimonials etc.
- Providing information and may contain “how to’s”, tips and tricks, fix and repair, guidance, support information, directions, instructions, etc. Companies can use websites to showcase their product catalogues. They will provide a lot of information to their readers. Online training is a great example, where they provide students with a combination of video and text classes—allowing students to access courses from the comforts of their homes.
- Entertainment sites may provide online magazines, gossip oriented websites, celebrity news, sports coverage, movies, the arts, humorous websites, etc. These sites need to be easy to navigate and must be frequently updated with fresh contents.
- Interactive sites (Forums or Blogs) can serve as both online journals, information providers and for entertainment purposes. They are usually straightforward to use, written in a conversational style and encourage participation.
- Social media websites want to make it easy to connect and share contents with your audience. They help to build your network and build direct connections with customers. Two-way communication is facilitated, and customers can provide feedback on products and services.