What is Coaching?
International Coaching Federation (ICF) define coaching as Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires to maximise personal and professional potential.
“Business coaching is the process of engaging in regular, structured conversations with a “client”; an individual or team who is within a business, profit or non-profit organisation, institution or government and who is the recipient of business coaching.” – Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC).
COMENSA defines coaching as “a professional, collaborative and outcomes-driven method of learning that seeks to develop an individual and raise self-awareness so that he or she might achieve specific goals and perform at a more effective level.”
Business Coaching enables:
- Shifting behavioural patterns
- Alignment with organisational purpose and values
- Creating a learning organisational culture
- Individual and organisational performance improvement
- Improved strategy execution and delivery
- “…increase work-related goal attainment,
- enhance solution-focused thinking,
- develop greater change readiness,
- increase leadership self-efficacy and resilience, and
- a decrease in depression…”
Source: Journal of Change Management, 2014 Vol. 14, No. 2, 258 –280, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14697017.2013.805159
We developed the Purpose*™ coaching model to guide our clients through their journey and to inform all our services.